NSE All-Share Index drops 2.56% as investors lose NN 516 billion
Trading activity on the trading floor ended on a negative note for the second week in a row as an all-share index which is the benchmark index that the average Share performance, declined by 2.56% to close the week around 37,658.26 Points.
This data is included in the NGX’s weekly market performance report for the week ending June 25, 2021.
Even the stock market Capital isation submerged by N20.14 trillion in the previous week to close N19.63 trillion from Friday 25the June 2021, hereby resulting in a loss of N516. leads Billion. In the meantime it is year to date Returns of the market stall at -6.49%.
Stock market performance
According to the Report,â¯ 33 stocks rose during the week, less than 38 stocks recorded the previous week. Also, 37 stocks lost compared to 25 stocks the previous week, while 85 stocks held the same price as the previous week.
- The total number of shares traded during the week rose 2.5% to 1.006 billion units from 981.147 million shares traded the previous week. However, the value of the shares traded fell by 0.5% from N 10.384 billion to N 10.330 billion in 17,165 transactions.
- The financial services sector once again topped the list of activities with a total of 646.404 million shares valued at N5.199 billion traded in 8,996 transactions.Only trading activities in the financial services industry were omitted 64.26% and 50.33% of the total stock turnover or value.
- The consumer goods sector followed suit 108.59 million shares in trading volume worth N2.26 billion traded 3,213 trades. Conglomerate Industry, third with sales of 80.26 million shares valued at N179.13 million in 614 transactions.
- Zenith Bank Plc, Transcorp Hotels Plc and Access Bank Plc were the most frequently traded stocks of Volume. You contributed 20.61% and 24.30% of the total equity turnover volume or value.
- On Thursday 24the In June 2021, the total of 29,431,179,224 issued shares of GTB were removed from the Daily Official List of the Nigerian Exchange Limited, while the total issued share capital of GT Holdco of 29,431,179,224 common shares of 50 Kobo each on the Daily Official List of NGX to N28 , 55 per. was noted sharing.
According to the Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX) report, GTB will be delisted and GT HoldCo listed on the stock exchange under the scheme of the agreement between Guaranty Trust Bank Plc and the holders of their fully paid common shares of 50 Kobo as of Securities each and Exchange Commission approved and sanctioned by the court.
Next the decline in the NSE ASI, other indices in the market followed a similar trend with the exception of the following: Indices; NSE CG, NSE Banking, NSE Pension, NSE-AFR Bank Value, NSE AFR Div Yield, NSE MERI Growth, NSE Consumer Goods, NSE Oil / Gas and NSE Sovereign Bond, up 0.37%, 0.92%, 0.02%, 1.40%, 1.71%, 0.75%, 0.57%, 0.12, respectively % and 0.26% have increased. While The NSE growth index closed unchanged.
Exchange Traded Products (ETPs)
This week trading activity on the ETP market has improved slightly compared to the previous week because 101,876 units with a value of 1.73 million N were traded in 19 stores this week, which corresponds to an increase in volume and value of 0.45% and 7.57% in a weekly comparison.
The 7 ETFs that were traded this week were: VETGRIF30, MERGROWTH, MERVALUE, STANBICETF30, VETINDETF, VETBANK and VETGOODS.
FIXED INCOME MARKET
Trading on the bond market improved significantly this week with a significantly a total of 216,675 units of bonds worth 215.72 million N. in 44 deals traded on the stock exchange in the week ending June 25, 2021 compared to 26,452 units worth N 27.236 million were traded in 17 stores in the previous week.
The 6 bond instruments traded this week were: FGSUK2027S3, FG132036S2, FG112034S2, FG132026S1, FGS202162 and FGS202371.